Our full Jeet Kune Do curriculum effectively cross-trains the concepts and techniques of four major composite martial arts systems. It is the source of the material taught in our classes, and therefore is studied by attending both of them. Our full Jeet Kune Do curriculum teaches all four areas of Empty-Hand Self-Defense:
- JKD Range - Brim Of Fire (must move to me to hit me)
- Striking (Kick-Boxing)
- Hand Trapping & Clinching (Stand Up Grappling / Clinch Grappling / Joint Manipulation
- Grappling (Ground Grappling)
We focus on four main combat reality priorities:
- Weapons (Kali, Silat, Krav Maga, Jiu-Jitsu)
- Stand-Up Kickboxing (Jun Fan JKD, Panantukan, Savate, Muay Thai)
- Submission Grappling (Combat Jiu-Jitsu, Street Grappling, Dumog)
- Mass Attack (Multiple Opponents)
Training in Phase & Level Program of Cali Combat Systems is supervised by Sifu Jeramiah Giehl, who is an Instructor in Progressive Fighting Systems under Sifu Paul Vunak in Contemporary JKD and FMA, in the Jun Fan JKD Grappling Association under Sify John Doty, Black Belts in Shorinji Ryu JuJitsu and Combat JuJitsu under Sensei David Tice, in Chinatown JKD as a Coach under Sifu Tim Tackett, a Single and Double Stick Instructor in DFA KunTao Kali under Guro David Seiwert,an Israeli Krav Maga Instructor under Expert Alain Cohen, and Black Belt in Songahm Taekwondo.
Sifu is a JKD Kali-Silat Expert with extensive knowledge and training in Contemporary JKD & FMA, Inosanto-Lacoste Kali, Regino Ilustrismo, Pekiti Tirsia Kali, Maphilindo Silat, Madjiphat Martial Arts, Panantukan, Savate, Muay Thai, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Jun Fan JKD Grappling Arts, Combat JuJitsu and Israeli Krav Maga, with Specializations in Military Edged Weapons, Rapid Assault Tactics (Ground & Clinch), Law Enforcement Control Tactics, Active Shooter / Mass Casualty Protection, Double & Single Stick, and Blade & Knife Defense.
We are utilizing the JKD Phase Method to help you develop your own personal JKD, which is what Dan Inosanto calls JKD Concepts / Phase Method. Cali Combat Systems Phase Method includes elements of JKD (Jun Fan & Contemporary), Kali (Inosanto, PTK, DFA), Silat, various Stand-Up & Grappling Arts and Israeli Krav Maga. We also train for realistic self defense against Multiple Opponents and Weapons through method of teaching we call Combat Flow. Our full JKD curriculum utilizes four major branches of the martial arts, that form our core fundamentals, which are:
- Fight Rhythm JKD:
- Jun Fan Gung Fu (Chinatown JKD, Jun Fan JKD Grappling Association),
- Jun Fan Kickboxing (Wing Chun, Fencing, Boxing, Panantukan, Savate, Muay Thai, Wrestling, JuJitsu),
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts (Contemporary JKD & FMA, JKD Phase Method, Kali, Silat, Muay Thai, BJJ),
- Kali-Silat Motion:
- Inosanto-LaCoste Kali (Pekiti Tirsia Kali, Ilustrismo Kali),
- Mixed Silat (Maphilindo Silat, Madjiphat Martial Arts, DFA Kali KunTao),
- Bite-Fight & Get-Away:
- Combat Jiu-Jitsu (KinaMutai, Catch Wrestling, Shorinji Ryu JuJitus, Combat JuJitsu, Dumog, BJJ For The Street),
- First To Fight - Israeli Krav Maga:
- Israeli Krav Maga (Krav Maga Federation of America, Warrior Krav Maga, ATA Krav Maga, Krav Maga Worldwide, Haganah, BJJ For The Streets [Knife For The Street, Silat For The Street]).
Recommended Equipment List:
- Boxing/Muay Thai Gloves or
- MMA Gloves (recommended)
- 2 Kali Sticks
- 2 Training Knives
- MMA/Hockey Shin Pads
- Hockey/Lacrosse Gloves
- Focus Mitts
Our Fight-Range Target Aquisition Prioritization Process (FR-TAPP) is as follows:
- Weapons (Projectile, Blunt, Edged, Improvised Weapons of Opportunity),
- Multiple Opponents (Mass Attack),
- E.T.G.S.(Escape To Gain Safety) - Womens, Children Self-Defense,
- Free Fight (Jun Fan Kickboxing),
- The Shut Down Phase of a Fight (Trapping, Clinch, Pummel),
- Combat Jujitsu (Bite to Create Space / Fight to Establish Dominance / Stand-Up (to Get Away),
- Active Killer Defense (Active Shooter / Mass Casualty),
- 3 Laws Safe UOF Continuum (UOF Escalation & LE Control Tactics),
- The R.A.T. / Military Edged Weapons (Military Termination),
- Stress Inoculation (Training for Abduction, Hostage, Trafficking Prevention), and
- VIP Close Protection. (3rd Party Protection),
Fighting Arts that compile The Stand-Up Guys JKD Method:
- Chinese Boxing Methods (Modified Wing Chun, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Wing Chun),
- Filipino Martial Art (Kali - Inosanto-Lacoste, Pekiti Tirsia Kali, Kalis Ilustrismo, Kinamutai),
- Indonesian Martial Arts (Silat - Mixed Silat, KunTao, Madjiphat and Maphilindo),
- Grappling Methods (Catch Wrestling, Dumog, Silat, Jun Fan JKD Grappling, Small Circle Jiu-Jitsu, Combat Jujitsu, BJJ, Kinamutai, Aikido),
- Thai Martial Arts (Muay Thai Boran),
- French Martial Arts (Savate),
- Israeli Martial Arts (Israel Krav Maga),
- American Martial Arts (Progressive Fighting Systems).
- Phase 1 - BASIC - Levels 1-2-3A (White, Orange, Yellow Wristbands)
- 3B Basic Jr Student Coach (White/Yellow Wristband)
- Phase 2 - INTERMEDIATE - Levels 4-5-6A (Gold, Green, Purple Wristbands)
- 6B Intermediate Student Coach (Grey Wristband)
- Phase 3 -ADVANCED - Levels 7-8-9A (Blue, Brown, Red Wristbands)
- 9B Advanced Sr Student Coach (Grey/Black Wristband)
- Phase 4 -EXPERT / ASSOCIATE INSTRUCTOR (Black Wristband)
- Phase 5 -FULL INSTRUCTOR (Black Wristband)
- Phase 6 -SENIOR FULL INSTRUCTOR (Black Wristband)
ABOUT SIFU JERAMIAH
Accomplished Black Belt Martial Art Instructor in multiple Martial Arts. Sifu Jeramiah Giehl's states that "In High School Martial Arts training helped turned my life around." He claims that his story truly is similar to the “Karate Kid.” Now he has become an exceptional Black Belt Martial Arts Instructor. He has many years of Martial Arts Instruction experience. He is giving back for what Martial Arts did for him as a youth. He started teaching in 1996. Some of his experience teaching includes being a UCSD Recreation Center Instructor, a Private Jewish Day School PE Coach (he taught TKD and Krav Maga to K through 3rd Grade), JKD/Kali Instructor and a Kids JKD/Kali Instructor, a Krav Maga Instructor at a Chabad Mens Club and a Martial Arts Gym, a Taekwondo Instructor at a YMCA, a Gym and a TKD Kids Class Instructor and Active Shooter Defense Assistant Instructor as well as experience doing Anti-Drug and Anti-Gang Martial Art Themed School Assemblies.
He is a Full Instructor under Sifu Paul Vunak in Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and FMA, holds Black Belts in Shorinji Ryu JuJitsu and Combat JuJitus under Sensei David Tice, an Associate Instructor in the JFJKDGA under Sifu John Doty, Instructor in Contemporary JKD & FMA, a 1st Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo,Coach in Chinatown JKD, a 5th Level Professional Grappler under Sensei David Tice and an Instructor in Israeli Krav Maga. He is Certified in the Rapid Assault Tactics (Ground & Clinch), Military Edged Weapons, LEO Control Tactics, Single Stick & Double Stick Instructor in DFA Kali-KunTao, Active Shooter Defense. Certified Cage Fitness Coach. With Experience in Sports Medicine, Weight Training, as a Rec Center Instructor, Personal Trainer and PE Coach.
- Full Instructor under Sifu Paul Vunak in Contemporary JKD & FMA.
- 1st Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Ryu JuJitsu under Sensei David Tice.
- 1st Degree Black Belt in Combat JuJitsu under Sensei David Tice.
- 1st Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo in Songahm Taekwondo.
- Associate Instructor under Sifu John Doty in Jun Fan JKD Grappling Association.
- 5th Level Professional Grappler under Sensei David Tice.
- Civilian Instructor in Israeli Krav Maga under Expert Alain Cohen.
- Student Coach in Chinatown JKD under Sifu Tim Tackett.
- Certified in Rapid Assault Tactics (Ground & Clinch).
- Certified in Military Edged Weapons Instructor.
- Certified in Law Enforcement Control Tactics.
- Certified in Single Stick & Double Stick.
- Certified in Active Shooter Defense.
- Certified in Tactical First Aid.
- Certified in Community Emergency Response Team through SDFD.
- Certified Cage Fitness Coach. Warrior X-Fit and Fitness Kickboxing.
StartBasic Boxing Defense & Offense Series (6:49)
StartBasic Jun Fan Boxing Sets (Attack By Combination) (1:33)
StartDefensive Boxing - Cover & Ride Wall/Cage Drill - Part 1 (1:46)
StartDefensive Boxing - Cover & Ride Wall/Cage Drill - Part 2 (7:25)
StartDefensive Boxing & JKD Kicking (4:52)
StartBasic Trapping overview using Mook Jong (2:27)
StartCCS JKD ABC's (1:40)
StartPFS RAT Entries (1:32)
StartMuay Thai 4 Counts (3:00)
StartPak Sao (3 Timings) (1:21)
Start4 Joint Locks (Out of Trapping) (1:51)
StartUng Moon (1-5) (0:25)
StartMook Jung Set #3 (0:28)
StartIntroduction & Basic Salutation (1:18)
StartFormal Salutation (1:32)
StartBasic Kali Knowledge Domains and Basic Stroking Methods (6:42)
StartDefang The Snake (0:40)
Start12 Count Abakada - Tri-V PTK (2:32)
Start12 Count Abakada (0:27)
StartOpen Sinawali - Level 1 Series (0:41)
StartDouble Stick - Open Series (Part 1 of 3 Levels) + Single Stick 12 Count Abakada (10:23)
StartKali 4 Count (0:47)
StartPunyo Mano to Break In / Break Out (2:09)
StartPunyo Mano to Break Out (3:41)
StartBantay Kamay - Alive Hand Series (2:14)
StartProper Hubud (0:39)
StartSingle Stick Tip Up Deflections - 4 Wall & Umbrellas (6:16)
StartFour Wall & Roof (Payong) (4:35)
StartThrust & Slash Principles (2:44)
StartProper Knife Defense + 5 Ways of Attack + Trapping the Shutdown Phase of the Fight in a Mass Attack (8:10)
StartU-Drill (Tapi Tapi) (5:56)
Start3 Count Pakal Thrust Template + 8 Count Knife Abakada (0:43)
Start3 Count Pakal Templates + 8 Count Blade Abakada's + Stalemates + Scarecrow (1:26)
StartU-Drill on Mook Jong (5:26)
StartTarik Kapala (0:45)
Start4 Basic Silat Sweeps + Entries Discussion (1:35)
StartBack Break Fall to Tukalow (0:34)
StartShoot The Tunnel to Leg Lock (2:41)